Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I will ever figure out the tide movements, went out at 1000 to catch the incoming tide fished Lynnhaven for pups and trout because it was too windy to go to the CBBT. Couldn't catch debris on a hook much less a fish so decided to go to the first island and jig for stripers as the wind died down, marked plenty of fish on the bottom at 55 feet but couldn't jig one up, left at dusk (1700) skunked, but happy to be fishing spent all day on the water and used $20.00 worth of fuel and bait.

r/sam

·
Registered
598 Posts
Sorry to hear about the skunk. I got the same thing in Lynnhaven. Those specks are maddening.
Check out TIDELOG graphic almanacs Those little books have caught me more fish than anything else. The tide is semi important, but the current is what you want to know about.

There are many website that will give you tidal data www.saltwatertides.com for example, but I find them all cumbersome to predict current. I usually get a tidelog book for Christmas and then buy another one. One for home, one on the boat. I swear buy them.

Good luck, and if you crack the code on Specs let me know!

MIke

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.