Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My motor had a few problems the other day so its getting fixed up so I fished off my dock for about 3 hours today and caught and released over 20 pups. Most were under 18" but had the occasional 18-20 incher. Had one that looked around 24" that I lost right at the dock. The larger over slot fish have seemed to move out. Started catching them on live bunker then started throwing a variety of artificials and they seemed to eat anything except the topwater. The water is very clear in the inlet and I could see a few pups when they would attack my bait under a cork. Great fun on light tackle. Also their tails are the brightest blue this time of the year. Im interested to see how long they'll stay in the inlet.

Cashin

Here are a few pics.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Man, I hope they hang out for another week!
Any idea what the water temp is off your dock? Probably why they won't take a topwater, pretty lethargic I would think.
Are you seeing any bait activity in Lynnhaven?

I sure hope I can sleep the next few nights!
Bill

·
Registered
15 Posts
Good to see the pups are still in lynnhaven. The big boys of the summer have definitely gone away. I have been catching a lot of pups that size in rudee along the weedline right now, looks like the winter schedule has kicked in. At least there are specs around.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TopDawger- I think the temp is right around 55 maybe a tad warmer. I think the further back in Lynnhaven you go the better chance you have at pups because the water is a little warmer. There is still mullet and bunker back in Lynnhaven. I was just out looking into the water lit by my dock lights and there were little silversides everywhere. Also little shrimp would swim up into the light and cruise around. I saw a few fish swim up into the light and spook the bait, im guessing they were puppy drum.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts