Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We fished Lynnhaven yesterday from 2:30 until sunset. Our plan was to stay longer but the no-seeums were wicked. We caught and released 27 pups and 7 undersized specs. Most of the pups were in the 14-18” range but we had several from 26” up to 31”. The 3 largest were caught sight casting in water less than a foot deep on shallow banks that were loaded with fiddler crabs.

The best producing rig was an 1/8th ounce jig with a chartreuse 4” Gulp swimming mullet and popping cork. Most of the fish came off points and structure in 1-3’ of water located close to deeper water. We caught a few fish on the other standard lures but the popping corks were by far the most productive. The water was extremely dirty so the extra noise may have helped.

We are new to Lynnhaven fishing and I would like to thank the members of Tidal Fish that have shared reports and helped our learning curve. After our first few trips it seemed we were destined to catch only small spot & croaker. Thanks again to everyone. :clapping2:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Nice job guys. I was the kid in the Carolina Skiff that you later saw fishing from my dock. Those popping corks work like a charm. I was fishing with a top water popper and only mananged 2 pups and a small speck. I was up closer to lesner earlier in the day ~3:30 and caught a nice 21" speck on a MirroLure.

Tight Lines,
Cashin

PS Thats a really nice boat you guys had there. Not use to seeing those in Lynnhaven. Looked like a real redfish tournament boat.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice job guys. I was the kid in the Carolina Skiff that you later saw fishing from my dock. Those popping corks work like a charm. I was fishing with a top water popper and only mananged 2 pups and a small speck. I was up closer to lesner earlier in the day ~3:30 and caught a nice 21" speck on a MirroLure.

Tight Lines,
Cashin

PS Thats a really nice boat you guys had there. Not use to seeing those in Lynnhaven. Looked like a real redfish tournament boat.
Thanks for the comments. The boat is quite comfortable for casting in shallow water. Yes I saw you on the dock which we skipped so as not to bother your action. My dad said you were using a popper. I tried a couple different Pop R's and a couple Top Dogs but not much happening on top for us.

That's a nice spec. Our biggest this year has been about 13", but we'll keep throwing and wishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts