Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As soon as the TKAA meeting was over, Calvin, Chris, Rick, and I blasted out of there like, "School boys from thier books..." Launched at Crab Creek and hit the bridge just before dark. Calvin and I chased some birds that turned out to be diving on the cull from a crabber. Exhausting. Returned to Lesner and the bite was on. Second drop with a 2 ounce Stingsilver and I hook up to a nice one. Turns out to be a 28 inch striper. Yehaw! After that it was a fish on nearly every drop. The dudes were hooking steady on white jigs, Storms and Rick with his MirrOlures. Plenty of fish for everyone. Fished until the current died and left 'em biting. Nice way to end striper season.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Ric,
You called it. The CBBT suct. It may have gotten better later but until around midnight it just suct. Caught two small greys about 6".
Chad

·
Registered
16 Posts
Mostly agree w/ Chad. Caught 4 dink stripers at base of CBBT pillings in close. Paddled out to small boat channel and caught 3 that were in the 24" range. Plenty of fish holding close to the pilings, just small. All caught on grey storm.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It was a good outing but I do miss the winter "no crowds" fishing we enjoyed in the spring. I guess the new rule at Lesner is that the channel runs between all pilings and if you're fishing there when the boats decide to run through you are SOL. Most were fairly nice about it but a few........... Anyway, it was a good time.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yeah there are a lot of idiots that think that the whole bridge is the channel. It was still fun thoug... just after Ric caught his 28 i hooked into a real nice "fish" i fought it for 20 minutes, and it burned the drag out of my shimano spinning reel, so i had to hand it in....all the time i was thinking...."man this is going to be a huuuuuuge striper! " turns out it was huge, just a huge a$$ stingray! I never heard of a stingray biting a suspended lure around bridge pilings...(4 inch shad storm!) it was quite a fighter and i managed to lip grip it, and it was wider than my tarpon at the front hatch. I let it go, (i am not sure if one would like to eat a stingray) and switched out rods, ending the night with 2 fat stripers for the frying pan. Overall a great end to the spring season!

·
Registered
575 Posts
Rick C.,

My favorite month for fishing is December. Striper still in season, too cold for most (not me), and alot of people thinking about the holidays instead of fishing.

Tom

1 - 7 of 7 Posts