Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Lynnhaven for Flounder yesterday. Perfect weather, perfect drift, perfect tide, perfect wind. Not a bite. And if there are fish there, odds are they can't get to your bait in time as there are a million crabs.

On a side note, I find it ironic that we've done so much to improve the health of the Lynnhaven with such a huge influx of oysters, but the fishing seems to be down. Doesn't add up.

·
Registered
66 Posts
yeah I went out all day Saturday, went all around lynnhaven and caught two nice size blues and one very very small flounder. :-(. Lots and lots of crabs. yep does not add up!! no pups for like the second year!! Its simply not worth fishing anymore.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Fished the Lynnhaven for Flounder yesterday. Perfect weather, perfect drift, perfect tide, perfect wind. Not a bite. And if there are fish there, odds are they can't get to your bait in time as there are a million crabs.

On a side note, I find it ironic that we've done so much to improve the health of the Lynnhaven with such a huge influx of oysters, but the fishing seems to be down. Doesn't add up.
we can't expect instant improvement for what was messed up over many years. It takes some time.. even with oyster #'s coming up . Its still a very, very small % of what should be . ( believe I read 1 or 2%)
Thanks for report, my buddies are having bad catch days , mixed in with some very good days! Just nice being on water though.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Charlie I have plans to come home a time or two this summer and hang out around the lighthouse. That's kinda sandy bottom isn't it, was thinking flounder might be there.

·
Registered
5,809 Posts
Yep, good looking area, some nice drops, but only small ones for me so far.
Osprey have shown me that there are bigger ones around, I just have not put in the time fishing for them yet!
So much I want to do, so little time.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I am a die hard flounder fisherman and I am mighty afraid this year is going to be a bust. I fish the eastern shore exclusively this time of the year, have a place over there and spend just bout every weekend there from April thru September. I will normally start catching flounder in late March and really start catching them good in late April and early May thru the middle of June. This year has been a bust so far. This past weekend, a buddy and I fished hard most of the day Saturday out of Oyster and ended up with 9 nine fish, with only 4 recreational keepers. In years past, the fishing was MUCH better. I hear the fishing is a little better up around Wachapreague and Folly Creek but not much. I'm not sure what is going on but it is not good. Hope things improve.
Rex

1 - 10 of 10 Posts