Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonna be a two for one. I know the boards have been pretty low key for almost 2 weeks now.
Lynnhaven Inlet from Seashore area to Lesner: Went to all different locations. There was a lot of baitfish, and they were jumping from the blues. I worked that area for a while, a couple of lost jigs and thats about it. I worked over to the grass beds and eventually over to the lesner. Not any bites, not even using fishbites. I spoke with some of the guys on the eastern side of the lesner and they said its been horrible all day. I fished with my uncle from about 5-8:30, just to give you guys a time table.
HRBT: Just came back from there tonight, the fishing was on pretty good the first half of the evening. Ray was out there from about 4-10, I was out there from about 5:30-10. Ray caught about 15 flounders, all undersized. One of which was the smallest I've ever seen. He asked me to look at it and I couldn't even see it becauselit was no bigger than his hand. I caught 2 decent sized croackers, and 2 flounder. One of the flounder was undersized and the other one was pretty close. Since fishing last week was productive it was throw all back nite out there for me anyways. We went to the 1st Island, the winds shifted and there were no baitfish in the bay, we all know what that means. I know its not the best report, but its something for those wondering. Most of my catches were on 1/8 oz jigs with white and pink bodies, occassionally I used some fishbites just to see if it would make a difference. Goodluck to the rest of you guys out there, hope the fishing is more productive.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I fished the HRBT from 0600-11 Sun. I was primarily using peanunt bunker and small spot. Since conditions were very nice, I was able to fish up to the rock island. I only managed 5 undersized flounder, and a few croaker and spot. That's all.

greg

·
Registered
575 Posts
Thanks for the report guys. I think the fish are hunkered down in their summer haunts for now. I was thinking of hitting HRBT in my boat in a couple days but now I think I'll pass.I'm gonna go back and see when it was that we started catching those reds at Ft. Wool last year. That was the beginning of a good late summer and fall out there. I haven't used my boat in a month or so. Took it out yesterday and it still runs good, just can't sneak up on any fish!

See ya'll out there soon.

Tom

·
Registered
656 Posts
I was in my boat but lynnhaven was red-hot Friday night from 10;30 pm till 4 Sat morning. School stripers feeding the whole time except when the tide went slack just after midnight. Then started right back after the change.

It's just hot out and late night is the only way to go.

Boats

1 - 8 of 8 Posts