Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished my " 6 pack" class now for phase II! The infamous paperwork! So far I have it all together except physical and drug test.

My advise to anyone interested: Plan on putting in at least 20 to 30 hrs of quality study time, and take the all day class! Ensure you already have the recentsy requirements and start logging your hours now.

Its definetly a rewarding course and a sense of accomplishment!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just finished my physical & drug testing today. I guess I'll be making a trip to Baltimore to get fingerprinted .

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I rock!
299 Posts
Finished my " 6 pack" class now for phase II! The infamous paperwork! So far I have it all together except physical and drug test.

My advise to anyone interested: Plan on putting in at least 20 to 30 hrs of quality study time, and take the all day class! Ensure you already have the recentsy requirements and start logging your hours now.

Its definetly a rewarding course and a sense of accomplishment!
CBDaddy,

Is there a preferred method of logging hours that the Coast Guard recommends?

CB

·
Registered
271 Posts
Congrats

It is very easy to become a mate very difficult to become an engineer. I do not like mates. They are a dime a dozen, I've known many and only trust two.

If you want to become a good mate understand the engine room! Take an interest.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Congratulations!!!! I also have to go to baltimore just to renew my.Just a little note make sure you have all your paper work right before going.

·
Registered
574 Posts
You Da Man

Way to go, Wayne.

The fact that you focused on a goal, identified what you needed to do, and knocked it out is no suprise to me.

Can Do, CB Daddy!

Foy

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice job. Just FYI, you don't have to go to Baltimore to finish the paperwork. Well at least I didn't have to in 2005. Got fingerprinted at the police station. I went to the USCG in Norfolk for one part (forgot which one) and Fed-Ex the paperwork to Baltimore. They sent it back once because my doctor missed a block. Fed-Ex again and done. Good Luck!

Tim

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hey Wayne, I can only guess it is you that was sitting in front of me in class. Congrats on finishing the class. I didnt think it was all that difficult, hardest part was sitting still so long. See ya around..... Howard

·
Registered
171 Posts
Congrats to you. FYI, you must go to Baltimore and be fingerprinted. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!!!!!! Call first before you go. 410-962-5132.

Best of luck

Dave

1 - 13 of 13 Posts