Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the Magothy last evening for a few hours with some good results. Slow to start and finish but the middle was pretty good. My fishing partner, HJS, landed this nice 31" on a 4" paddletail BA/jig combo. Water is still off color and the wind was a little stiffer than expected. All in all a nice evening to be on the water.

HJS 10-20-08.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
I see that Howard has not lost his touch and still wears his red glove. Thanks for the report and pic , and Howard does like using those paddle tails

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Steve - Yep, still wear the heavy rubber glove when taking off dinks. I've been stuck, sliced and otherwise abused by too many schoolies not to put the glove on. Plus on a chilly evenings, like on Monday, its nice to keep my hands dry. And last, I think a rubber glove minimizes slim removal from the throwbacks. And yeah, I'm still in love with the 4" paddletail BA, have been for the past 3-4 years. I've even made several 2-piece molds and can now pour my own paddletail BAs 12 at a time using recycled BAs.

clancy - Guess we caught about 15-20 smallish stripers in the 12"-16" range on Monday... then the biggie hit at 5:30pm. I'm guessing catching the 31"er was a severe anomaly for the Magothy on Monday especially considering we were fishing the shallows during low tide while the sun was still shining... not the best of conditions for scoring big in the shallows.

·
Registered
8,197 Posts
Nice fish, very nice. I missed this report somehow. I've seen a couple of 26-27 inch fish come out of the Magothy on topwater this year, but not a 31 on the cast. Congrats on a good fish and what sounds like a very fun trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts