Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know of a good public ramp up the Magothy, preferably around Old Man Creek. I'd like to try my luck at some winter pickerel.

·
Registered
175 Posts
try ferry point marina. Ferry Point Marina there are no "public" (as in government run) ramps on the magothy. Ferry point will cost you either 15 or 20 for the day. its appx 2.25 nm from the mouth of Old Man Creek. There are alot of good spots up river from Focal Poinit (the point that splits cattail crrek from the main part of the river) than just old man creek (some better IMO). Send me a PM if you want specifics.

-D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Ferry Point off river rd is on mill creek 5 min run to old man creek or Fairwinds would be about a 15 min run

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Keep in mind that most of the side creeks on the Magothy freeze up pretty quick. Considering the early on-set of winter this year this year, I'm guessing that most are skimmed over by now. Ferry Pointy chargers $20 to launch.

·
Registered
11 Posts
My 14' Tracker Jon will tear up that ice!!!

...or be ripped wide open :pp lol

It almost seems like a joke to pay $20 to launch a 14'x36" jon boat.

Has anyone been to Beachwood Park in Pasadena?
Beachwood Park

There's got to be somewhere down there were we could just slide a jon in the water and go park.

·
Registered
837 Posts
There's nothing keeping you from launching a small 2-man car-top jon @ Beechwood if you have the energy to walk it down the hill. Then there is the walk BACK! If it needs a trailer that's another story:rolleyes: Just joshing ya...I wish AA County had more public launch sites. Been a sore point for more than one...!

·
Registered
11 Posts
There's nothing keeping you from launching a small 2-man car-top jon @ Beechwood if you have the energy to walk it down the hill. Then there is the walk BACK! If it needs a trailer that's another story:rolleyes: Just joshing ya...I wish AA County had more public launch sites. Been a sore point for more than one...!
Ewww, walking!?! Seriously, who does that these days???
Looks like it's going to be Ferry Point.

AA is kind of pathetic with their 2 public boat ramps.
Let's all contact our district reps and tell them we want more boat ramps!!
County Council HomePage
They can take the money to build them from the public school's funding. I don't have any kids so why should I pay for those little monster's educations, hahaha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts