Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grasped the opportunity today to fish the Magothy from Ferry Point Marina upon the directions of Virgil Poe.The tide was low at about 10:30 when I arrived.I then through the Kayak overboard..The third cast attracted the attention of a nice Pick.I fished about 2.5 hrs.,wrapping it uaround 1 pm.The total results were about 15 Picks &6 Y.perch from Med. to Jumbo +many more bites.Most of the picks were females with roe ,they bit far less aggresively than the males which took off at high speed.The males were around 1.5 #. & the females ran between 2-3 #It's been 35 yrs.or so since I fished this river.I was nice to out ther alone, in the piece & quiet.It was overcast & snow flurries.A perfect day.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
Sure was a nice day to fish. Like you said it's nice sometimes to go out alone. I'm not interested in the secret lure but if you don't mind, what color lure were you using. I've got a bit of a theory I'm working on here. Nice fishin'

-Evans

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Capt Nick, I'm glad ya got the chance to go, and it sure sounds like your trip was a success too :) .

Spent my day down Laplata helping brother build a very large, elevated deck. :eek:

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Capt. Nick sure sounds like you had yourself a peaceful day on the water and you caught some nice fish at that. Thanks for the report

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sure was a nice day to fish. Like you said it's nice sometimes to go out alone. I'm not interested in the secret lure but if you don't mind, what color lure were you using. I've got a bit of a theory I'm working on here. Nice fishin'

-Evans
If it ain't shatroose....it ain't no use.

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the instructions Virgil.I never would have found the place.The goils were very nice there too....and the dogs & the cats.Steve...I've heard of a few being caught in Bear Creek.Last year & this year???Maybe they're closer than we think.

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.
6,189 Posts
Sharoose ???,,,and I thought ya was gonna say wite. :D Dang Nick! The boys got into one of my tackle boxes this past weekend and was in awe of all of the different colors. Started trying different colors but eventually came back to white. Sharoose didn't work for em either :confused: :D .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts