Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Longtime lurker but I could never post or comment because I didn't have the correct type of email. Thanks to all the helpful info from constant posters.

Looking for information for all things light tackle in the Magothy.

I run out of Gray's Creek.

My rig 20' Sea Pro, regrettably sold my 2 stroke yammy last october. Waiting on Suzuki 200AP to arrive for repower.....4 months and counting). Would have kept Yammy until new motor arrived if I knew better (was told 60 days max......ordered Dec. 1, 2020) If you see me out wave hi, should be any day now.

Have spent most of my time fishing the Key bridge area but I recently moved to Pasadena with access to the Magothy. Would be nice to find fish close to home before or after work when time is limited.

Will be sharing my reports from here on out!

-Deuce

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
A lot of guys from Magothy fish Podickery point or just north of Baltimore light. Chumming in May / June is good - live lining in July / August. Sept / Oct often has breaking fish - some up to 30 inches.

If you anchor - beware old cable crossing near Podickery. It is on some charts. I get a lot of calls to recovery hung anchors off these.

Inside the river can be great Perch fishing. Casting along the shorter docks ( means deep water near shore ) can be good in early AM or near dusk.

Reactions: DaveHuz

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
I live on Cattail Creek and what Skip says is correct. Try Broad Creek for perch and the mouth of the river close to Gibson Is. for topwater in the fall. Any of the docks and structure are good for perch. Used to be some reefballs right off the SW side of Gibson Is that were also good for perch.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
Try behind Gibson Island with spinners before it gets too warm. There were some nice pickerel back there a number of years ago.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Longtime lurker but I could never post or comment because I didn't have the correct type of email. Thanks to all the helpful info from constant posters.

My rig 20' Sea Pro, regrettably sold my 2 stroke yammy last october. Waiting on Suzuki 200AP to arrive for repower.....4 months and counting). Would have kept Yammy until new motor arrived if I knew better (was told 60 days max......ordered Dec. 1, 2020) If you see me out wave hi, should be any day now.

Have spent most of my time fishing the Key bridge area but I recently moved to Pasadena with access to the Magothy. Would be nice to find fish close to home before or after work when time is limited.

-Deuce

Snake rip Podickory good spot in between Baltimore light and Sandy Point light. In the river there are lots of spots just work the edges I haven’t fished there in years but if you play around enough I’m sure you’re find fish.Lots of places with deep water close to shore for casting for rock in the evening

1 - 5 of 5 Posts