Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is a bit tricky right now it’s just entered the NW once it drops into the Rockies on Wednesday with will have a better grasp on what’s gonna happen the big question is does the northern branch feature phase with the disturbance coming out of the Rockies one model has it and the other is back and forth it could be a repeat of 1996 but I’m not going out on that limb until Wednesday Night my friends 😂 lol. However it’s going to snow Friday and be very cold. Next week we might see morning lows around 7-8F above zero. I told you this was on the table my timing was off by about 18-21 days so I’m not perfect 😜lol😜 look for my update coming in next 36 hours I’m praying for the B word but not yet

·
Registered
14,572 Posts
Whatever it is, it is. Nothing we can do but ride it out. Thanks for your forecasts and heads up. I don't turn on my TV except to watch a Caps game........... Gary

·
Registered
347 Posts
I wish your timing was correct. Need to have the waterfowl down from New York weeks ago. Little lonely at times chasing geese.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Todays update on snow storm coming Friday early morning both models in agreement now their is a storm coming however will need to fine tune forecast the speed of the low pressure is important and exact track early prediction is 6+ for all of Maryland might be moving to fast to produce the b word but it’s still early

stay tuned

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Todays update on snow storm coming Friday early morning both models in agreement now their is a storm coming however will need to fine tune forecast the speed of the low pressure is important and exact track early prediction is 6+ for all of Maryland might be moving to fast to produce the b word but it’s still early

stay tuned
Followed by a rain storm on Sunday?! Tough times for basements, etc!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
I’m sticking by 2-3” ( if that) in Maryland, more toward central VA (again) but no biggy. Would love to see a few inches of powder to run the new snowblower that I bought three years ago to replace my 35 year old one. I think I have about two hours on it.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Ask Bob Turk from WJZ, he predicted 20+ inches many years ago the night before. We woke up to bright sunshine and not one flake of snow. Yes he still has a job. I can see being off a little but miss by 20 inches, come on.

Mike

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It’s not a cut and paste from Justin Berk I belong to a commercial and Private site. I use it for models, analogs etc then make my own prediction based off what I thinks gonna happen
As for the storm right now the wave looks to get strung out which weakens the storm so no biggie as of now but I truly think we will see a big one or maybe 2 this winter. Overall looks like 3-5 in the areas that got hit on Monday with a few spots over 6 inches but nw of storm looks like 1-3

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
It looks like another 2-3 in. nothing burger Eastern Shore might get a little more with 5-6 in. No big deal.I've spent alot less time removing snow than I have mowing the lawn once or twice every week for 7-8 months a year . I don't miss mowing the lawn during winter. I'd rather remove snow a few times. Not having to drive in it makes a difference . I had 4 wheel drives the last 20 years I worked but they're no good on ice. Ice is what you have to worry about ,not the snow. Ice storms are worse .

·
Registered
137 Posts
I never realized how bad tv weathermen were until I bought a boat. The first time I was at Thomas Pt. Lighthouse hanging on for dear life thinking to myself the weatherman said breezy evidently windy is a hurricane. Not boat related but I can remember one day shoveling 6 inches of partly cloudy.
I like Phil’s weather reports.

·
Premium Member
77 Posts
It’s not a cut and paste from Justin Berk I belong to a commercial and Private site. I use it for models, analogs etc then make my own prediction based off what I thinks gonna happen
As for the storm right now the wave looks to get strung out which weakens the storm so no biggie as of now but I truly think we will see a big one or maybe 2 this winter. Overall looks like 3-5 in the areas that got hit on Monday with a few spots over 6 inches but nw of storm looks like 1-3
Weather bell?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts