Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, I’m not talking about tournament fishing, I’m talking about becoming a bounty hunter—or fisher. If that sounds like a fantasy gig that couldn’t possibly exist, just ask the guy that earned nearly $70,000 dollars last year recreationally fishing. Suddenly the idea of becoming a full-time fish predator doesn’t sound so crazy, does it?

· Registered
1 Posts
No, I’m not talking about tournament fishing, I’m talking about becoming a bounty hunter—or fisher. If that sounds like a fantasy gig that couldn’t possibly exist, just ask the guy that earned nearly $70,000 dollars last year recreationally fishing. Suddenly the idea of becoming a full-time fish predator doesn’t sound so crazy, does it?

Looks like a good idea.

· Registered
12,498 Posts
When the Md.DNR was asked why they introduced non native tidal Bass in tidal water,their reply was. They are native to the US so that makes them native? Guess what? So are Blue and Fat Head Catfish but they are called invasives in Md.? Double standards for native US fish.

· Registered
585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When the Md.DNR was asked why they introduced non native tidal Bass in tidal water,their reply was. They are native to the US so that makes them native? Guess what? So are Blue and Fat Head Catfish but they are called invasives in Md.? Dpuble srandards.
To be fair, the feds were moving fish everywhere back in the late 1800s.
Shad and stripers from here to west coast, the coveted carp from Europe to Maryland, smallmouth and LMB here and there.

When I gave DNR Big Cheese grief about them initially not even maintaining State weight records for invasives ( bluecats) I pointed out LMB hypocrisy.

" Oh, they're naturalized!"

I called him a Speciest!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts