Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday i took my 6 yr old son, my brother, uncle, and a friend out for an afternoon goose hunt. well i knew it was gonna be a good day when we got to the blind and there was about 1000 geese in the field already. we talked a minute about what to do and decided we needed to jump them up and hope they come back later. so after we got all the birds out of the field we went to work putting out the 5 dozen full bodies and a few shells. got set in our blinds and it didnt take long. about ten minutes go by when a flock of about 20 comes over the tree tops locked up. four birds pitched in under the rest so we decided to take them. 3 guys shooting, all 4 birds fall. not bad. i wasnt shooting i was in a lay out blind with my son, my bro had my gun. about 20 minutes later another small flock came our way but didnt commit. 10 minutes after that, we had about ten come in. we only needed 2 more geese so only 2 guys raised up. 5 shots later, 2 birds were down. a nice limit of geese in about an hour. had time to go sit in the woods for awhile. saw a few but no shooters. if you could have seen the excitement in my son, that is what makes everything i do worth while. that is also the reason i love to put people on fish. here are some pics of Bailey with limit of birds and one of him thinking he can man up on my 3 1/2" 12 gauge. my wife doesnt stand a chance with him:D

Attachments

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Kyle,
It wont be long now he'll be a deer and goose killing machine like his dad. Sad to think Ray was only one year older when he killed his first deer. Enjoy your time with him, it is soo fleeting.

Great pics,

Jeff

·
Premium Member
26,104 Posts
He's got a little growing to do before he can shoulder that gun :D.You are lucky to still have land to hunt - up here most of the farms are now houses :eek2:.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
we thought about a trip this week, but the weather and some other work got in the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts