Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a type/style of jighead mold for making jigs for fishing Love Point, Thomas Point and the Bay Bridge area-casting not trolling. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could recommend a type/style of jighead mold for making jigs for fishing Love Point, Thomas Point and the Bay Bridge area-casting not trolling. Any help would greatly be appreciated.
It really depends on the type of action you want out of the jig. there are jigs shaped like torpedos that will get to the bottom fairly quick. Jigs that are flat that look like a flattened nickel that flutter down.

Ounce weight is very important. There are days when 1/2 oz will get the job done. You go back to that exact place tomorrow and 3 oz wont get you down.

I would have a few different types in different weights in my box. that way you are prepared for what that day may require. Have from 1/2 oz up to 4 oz. in a couple different syle heads. ALWAYS get at least 2 of each one.;) You will find a way to lose that jig that was your favorite and they discontinue that one.....Everybody has a favorite!

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Save your beatup Storm Wildeyes heads and hook up BKD's. They work great for jigging or slow retrieves around TPL structure.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
6,372 Posts
I cast both as I think you will want Shad type and Pregnant Minnow styles both.Good luck it's a fun way to pass the Winter Months.Lurecraft and Barlows has a great assortment.Protec Powder paint makes an easy and Tough finish.Molds are usually Multi cavity 1/2- 2 oz.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts