Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from 2 weeks in Islamorada, I spent considerable time chasing the BIG bones off the flat next to the Ragged Edge. My flyline kept catching everything possible on the yak. I ended up staking out and wading. I hate the idea of duct tape.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I mostly fly fish from the yak. I put a stripping basket between my legs and it does pretty well. I picked up a discouted one from orvis that floats and breaks down nice to travel. It is smaller than some of the others I have seen so it works well in the Yak.

·
Registered
12,428 Posts
I don't fly fish"Just don't have the patience",been spinnin too long I suppose.But your Bonefish trip reminds me of mine in the Keys.I went there for bones years ago and caught an 8#r.when I came home I was walking around a pond looking for Bass when I spotted a carp cruising the shore for a meal.I pitched my live night crawler a few feet in front of it and it picked it up.I"ll have to say it was just as much fun as catching a Bonefish with the stalking, casting & presentation.The Keys are truely paradise.Retireing there often enters my mind and I hate hot weather but the keys are so laid back & relaxing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I use a tupperware container that I cut in the shape of a V that fits inbetween my legs the size is about 14"long by10" wide at the top tappering down to 4" at the bottom of the V and 6" high turn the container upside down draw a V shape and cut with razor knife trim side of container to match V shape and use wire tie to hold everything in place

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.