Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sitting here making phone calls to Va Tech parents making sure that their kids are ok. I think I've called all the folks who have kids in the engineering department. So far, everyone is ok.

This is some scary stuff. More than 40 kids shot with 22 dead and no one seems to know why. The campus is currently on lockdown and phone calls are having trouble going through. Thankfully, the campus computer system is handling all the IM's.

For those who pray, keep these parents in your prayers. They are somewhat panic stricken.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
It must suck. There is an idiot in the next office treating it like a sporting event. After coming home from a great vacation with the family, things like this really bother me. Random acts of savage violence are terrible. I hope the man who committed this crime is punished to the fullest extent.

·
Premium Member
26,251 Posts
22 dead ?Holy sh*t.The news I saw early only said 1 dead and 2 wounded.I thought it was a fight or something.I hope the report of 22 is wrong. Skip

·
Registered
717 Posts
This event was been predicted by many who study Terrorism and violence in America. Maybe the location was not known but the event was unquestionably predicted. This is Domestic Terrorism. We have plenty of nuts within our borders and as more events such as this occur, copy cats will surface. 20 years ago you rarely heard of such. Now it is every few months. They just reopened the Amish school last week. Don't think International Terrorist aren't considering our schools and where our soft spots are too. Remember Beslin? It's our schools, the children. Strike an American school and they will bring this country to it's knees. No schools, no one goes to work, it all comes to a stop. It's tuff on a solder when his kids are being attacked back at home. International Terrorism is important and that is where the money is spent but we had better look closer to home.

If you want to hear a guy who knows his stuff about this type of terrorism and how schools and churches are where we need to pay attention, check out Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman Lieutenant Colonel Dave Grossman's Biography
Read: Killology, On Killing, or On Combat
I am in no way connected to Lt. Grossman or the sale of his work. But his CD titled "Bullet-Proof Mind" is well worth the bucks and it will open your eyes to why something like what happen today in Blacksburg occurred and why it will occur again.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
Any one here care to guess who will be the first to blame this on violence in the media and video games? My guess is H. Clinton.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Unfortunately I don't see anyway to effectively avoid these types of disasters. I'm sure we'll hear that the police didn't do this, or the school wasn't secure, and all kinds of other hindsight ****. But any person who is crazy enough could do this type of thing at any time in any number of different places.

It's one of the perils of living in a free society.

What a shame.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
This was a horrible event. I can't stand to even watch the news when they start talking about it. I know this is no revalation but the media never ceases to amaze me at how they will exploit someone or a groups absolute misfortunes and suffering for the new....and what's even worse is the people eat it up. I'm sorry, I don't want to see anymore on this story. Maybe I'm just in "avoidance"?

My prayers are with all who lost...

Tony

·
Registered
5,184 Posts
Ive worked with several who are alumni of Va Tech, they had probably the best Enviro Eng. Dept in the Country. I will search for Dr Randall and hope he's not on the death rolls.
Now as far as the killings, it seems the someone screwed the pooch by not shutting the school although all facts not yet in, or at least bringing in search teams. I hope the gun control nuts dont start coming out of the closet, for me 2nd amend rights are near the top and what makes us uniquely American. I would imagine security will be beefed up at all schools.

·
Registered
11,853 Posts
The numbers where filed off the guns. That suggests to me that they were stolen. Stolen guns used in an environment where no guns are allowed will not help the cause of the gun control advocates.

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
Who here heard the sound of the media spotlight swinging away from Don Imus ?

I'll never understand why people take out random strangers on their way out. Clearly, it's not the work of a rational mind. We'll get some inkling as to the motives as details emerge, but I'll never understand how the conclusion was to kill the innocent.

My biggest concerns is that this ******* just raised the bar, and someone will eventually see beating this death toll as a challenge.

·
Registered
16,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ive worked with several who are alumni of Va Tech, they had probably the best Enviro Eng. Dept in the Country. I will search for Dr Randall and hope he's not on the death rolls.
Now as far as the killings, it seems the someone screwed the pooch by not shutting the school although all facts not yet in, or at least bringing in search teams. I hope the gun control nuts dont start coming out of the closet, for me 2nd amend rights are near the top and what makes us uniquely American. I would imagine security will be beefed up at all schools.
Frank, do you even know anything about where Virginia Tech is located? This is not an urban environment with SWAT teams and police tactical centers. Tech is in the Middle of nowhere! It is the epitome of a college town because if not for the college there would be very little town. Montgomery Country only has a sheriff's department.

Screwed the pooch? You watch too much of the liberal media.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts