Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well for all those that were awaiting a report from the deeps at the warm water break i failed ...0430 came a shock with my my woman standing around awaiting the crew that didn't come. It is amasing what happens when people start drinking at 3 pm and swear that they will see you at the dock. made the call and a girl answered the phone umm he isn't waking up ........screw it and hung up now i sit wondering what we missed and looking at the forcast for tomaorrow i'm not sure if we'll make it out their tomorrow but we'll see. If I don't go good luck to those going

Capt. Mike

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Had plans to seabass tomorrow,mechanic put an end to that..it ran fine prior :mad: saw the boat sitting idle and looked for you Mike B.Mike A,i know you are eaten up with offshore...think bottom fish right now,pick me up at Rudee as you go by;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take two trying this again to head east ......think i'm going to get beat but at least the ride back should be nice Hey usual Suspects need a ride were going to go an see what the tuna atre doing

Mike

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
Mike,

This time of year is not one to run out there looking by yourself or with one or two boats. The water is cold and when you get to warm water it typically becomes Very Very ROUGH! You mix cold water with warm water you can get into trouble this time of year. I have fished the winter down out of OI and been in flat calm seas to get into 60 degree water and it become 4 to 6 foot and 20+ mile and hour wind and Vice Versa. Has its own weather pattern.

The fishing is not good at this time of year and that is why the entire fleet from up North to OI is inshore or doing maintenance. There will be plenty of time come the spring. There are small tuna 10 to 15 pounders down south at the Point and all they eat is Dink Baits.

Best of luck if you go and bring Survival suits. If you need a couple to borrow let me know.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice and concern keven. I think that the no show was a sign not to go I rember what your talking about the warm water having it's own weather pattern just like early in the season down in OI where it was like a big damn wall of water once you got to the break. I'm going to be headed out with a good # of boats on sun all withing safe distance in case one of us run into trouble and also thanks for the offer of the suits those things damn sure aren't cheap and it is a stand up thing to offer those up. Well here we go off to the unknow tomorow to see what we can get into wish us the best and we will give a report as soon as we get back tomorow afternoon

Capt. Mike

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No brass balls here saw the tree bend over in va beach and looked at the weather bouy.....I like my kidneys a little more than getting them beat out so thanks again Kenny for screwing us out of sat. The break looks great but not worth the beating and their still calling 5 ft at the bouy

Mike

1 - 14 of 14 Posts