Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a SOT that can take a bit of chop in the CBay. I've been looking at the Malibu Extreme and xFactors. Anyone have experience with these? I'm short, stocky, good upper body strength. I already have 2 SIK that I use to fish for smallies in the Upper Potomac, but looking for something that can handle bigger water. Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Either is a good choice. I own the X-Factor and love it. I am 6"3" and come in about three bills, so I love the 600lb capacity. I go remote and like to carry a lot of gear sometimes. The Extreem has a foam lining for floatation and a slightly narrower hull and weight capacity. It is a little longer than mine as well. I am not sure if these factors make it faster. i wish I was small enough to get into the prowler for speed purposes. I am slower due to my yak weight and size, but my strength makes up for the difference.
Either way you can't loose. If you are not as heavy as me, you might reconsider speed and a smaller unit which will serve in the bay as well. I might add that I have never tipped over.....yet! Even in some pretty rough water while I was loaded good..

Tight Lines
BIGMAX

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I had the Prowler on my maybe list. I'm looking forward to getting out there soon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts