Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well...we started out thinking OI OI OI which quickly changed to MH MH MH with the strong winds. We drove down Wednesday morning and got down aroung noon. Decided to try Manns Harbor when we first got there and Nothing all day.

Thursday/Thanksgiving- After getting a report of them finally tearing them up on the shoals we decided to start there. We got there and nothing was going on with anybody. It got rougher and rougher to the point that we had to call it. This was about lunch time. The short cut at OI has been too shallow for a while...and after going all the way around the islands to get back to the fishing center we were soaked. Went back to the Sea Foam Motel and changed. Went to manns harbor and tore them up. We caught our limit and released alot more. Biting Chart. and R/W Stretch 20's as well as "small" mojo/3-way rigs. Most of the fish were small and between 18-21''

Friday- Way too rough for OI so went to Manns Harbor to begin. We had consistant action the whole time while catching a limit and releasing 2 more limits worth. The bite early was with the small mojo rigs and later was Chart. stretch 20's. Fish were a better class 22-24'' with one going 29''.

Saturday- Too calm and too many boats with not enough current. Could hardly troll so we tried anchoring and throwing eels/bucktails. Didnt see a fish caught in 3 hours and we had a long drive so we called it.

The small mojo rig was a a 6-8 ounce chart. bucktail trailed by a small <1 ounce bucktail 6-10' back. Chartreuse was the #1 color in both bucktails and trolling lures. R/W also caught a few.

Both Thursday and Friday had alot of current and Friday it was a pretty good chop. Will try to post pictures when we get them developed.

Tight Lines,

Spenser

·
Registered
915 Posts
good to hear you had some luck,we fished the sound saturday and couldn't buy a bite.talked to several others that had no luck either.
thanks for the report.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I fished the Sound at the mouth of the Yoepim river today (Sunday)and had a sonar full of fish but couldn't get em to bite. I hope the water temps didn't drop to fast and run em out of the rivers. I was starting to enjoy the low fuel burn[smile].

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its not very consistant at all this year so far. We couldnt buy a bite on wednesday and saturday and we threw everything at them. It was the same way for every body else that fished from what I saw.

Spenser

1 - 5 of 5 Posts