Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where I Can get some decent maps of Chesapeake Bay rivers. I have an old 1982 book (Alexandria drafting Co.), but it doesn't show very good blow-ups of certain creeks. Thanks Timbass

·
Tidal Fish Commerical Lite Subscriber - My busines
5,144 Posts
Tim,

Maryland Nautical Sales
1400 E. Clement Street (off Fort Ave.) Baltimore

410-752-4268

They have detailed charts. Scale 1:40,000

Chart # 12274 is of the upper bay from North East, MD (including Port Deposit and the Elk R. up to Elkton) to the mouth of the Gunpowder R.

This chart measures 35" X 53". Lots of detail.
Stop by and have a look to see if this is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I second what Jerry says...I recommend you GO there and let them bring up the actual chart on their big screen - it will show you what detail is available before you buy. They actually PRINT the map while you wait - more than adequate detail of specific rivers and their creeks, islands, obstructions, bridges, DEPTHS, etc.

Much more helpful than the Chesapeake Boaters Chart Book.

The downsides:

The charts are approx 3'x4' - not waterproof

Each charts costs about $25-$30 - I think they are VERY much worth the price and have help me improve my catches over the years.

Good luck

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for all the useful information, Jerry I will take a look when I come to pick-up my softlay. Thanks Timbass

·
Registered
4 Posts
I call it NOAA Earth

NOAA

I have to give credit to the blue crab archives. It is basically Google Earth with NOAA charts overlaid. You can zoom & pan which allows you to print out exactly the sections of chart you want. I prefer it to the NOAA chart viewer which often cuts charts at the sections I need to see on one sheet.

Moose

·
Registered
500 Posts
TimBass, what rivers are you looking for? I have a Maptech, Baltimore to Annapolis waterproof chart that I don't use anymore. Maptech #43 Edition 1 , It's not listed on their website, I got it at West Marine prolly around 6 years ago.

Got a couple small tears on the folds and it's a little dirty but still very readable. Your's for the taking if it's what you're looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts