Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering how the fishing action was on the outer banks in march i was down last weekend and fished from the surf with no luck. I stopped in at oregon inlet and saw what they were catching so I got on the phone and tried to charter an inshore fishing trip for 2 days and I couldnt get a booking until the 1st of march so could anyone tell me if the fish are still there in march? I talked to a couple of people and they said it all depends on the weather. I did book a boat for june to do some cobia fishing though I have never caught one of those before I hear its a blast well any info will help thanx.

tight lines and bowed rods to all.[smile][grin][smile][grin][smile][grin]

·
Registered
103 Posts
Fastlane, Stripers are usually around until the second week of March. No telling this year, it may last longer as warm as it has been.

·
Registered
147 Posts
pick another month--been here for over 30 yrs---i leave in March. Yes sometimes there are bass still in the ocean but as warm as it is now it seem pretty much over for this winter. It could change but other months are much better

·
Registered
885 Posts
If Brian said it, very hard to argue. The only chance is with a hard charging charter like DOA, Poacher or Rock Solid (there are others too) and a weather anomily. But if the fish decide to come up and spawn then.....good luck!

Ernie

·
Registered
103 Posts
The fishing today was the best i have seen it all year, gannets raining out of the sky everywhere, tons of bait, fish rolling and busting on top,several miles of it within 10 miles of OI.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts