Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The warm weather had me hoping top find some early flounder. The winds were to strong in the morning so we did not try til around 1:30 in the afternoon. One of my sons and I fished for around 3 hours with no luck in and around the mouth of Back River in Poquoson. We did get a couple of bites but no fish in the boat. The winds dropped off and made for a great ride to the 3rd island just to check out the seals. We saw around 7 seals laying on the rocks, When we tried to get close they jumped off the other side of the rocks and kept some distance from us. It felt great to get back on the water and can't wait til we can catch some flounder. Water temps around Back River were 56 and the CBBT was 46. We saw tons of birds everywhere in the bay. Almost all were flying up the bay heading north.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think all fish like these baits. Even the crabs love them. I have never caught any blowtoads where we were but it is possible.

·
Registered
288 Posts
A week or two an the rock will be gone lol

- - - Updated - - -

Some flattie pictures have been posted on THT site from some back creeks on sea side.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Definitely look like sugar toad nibbles :) I watched one in shallow water last year; took about 10 little bites out of my Gulp, then spit it all back up in a cloud of little Gulp bits.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dockside, Georges and Bubba's all have them on ice in their markets so the netters are getting them close by which means they're migrating back.

All you need is to find one that's hungry enough to want to get their feed on.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts