Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend a good charter captain for a backwater trip around Marco Island? We are going to be in the Naples/Marco Island area the first week of April, and I want to take my son on a nice trip and make sure he has a decent chance of hooking a nice fish. I would prefer a small skiff/flats charter versus a guy with a walk-around.

Also, if there are any "amateur" guys that frequently fish the area around Marco and would be willing to take us out to fish for the day I would pay all expenses. I am an active duty Army Officer stationed in Virginia. We are coming down for vacation. If someone would take us out, I guarantee that you would not have to worry about behavior, or lack of respect for you, your boat, and your equipment. My 10 year old son is a good kid, and we have all of our own fishing gear. I am new to this site, and I think this might be refered to being a HO. All recommendations are greatly appreciatied.

John Pritchard

·
Registered
146 Posts
Google on "Satisfaction Guaranteed Charters" or "Brian Spina". That's the name of the outfitters out of Isle of Capri which is next to Marco. I went out with them several years ago with a captain named Brian Spina. I think he has 4 or 5 others working for him now. It's a short trip to the backcountry from there and we had a blast, red fish, snook, jacks, mangrove snapper, etc. They provide all the equipment. I think they have half and full day charters.

Good luck, I think that place would be perfect for a youngster. It sure was for a 60+ kid like me. ;) ;)

Good luck.

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts