Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, I find myself in a sad situation of looking for a new place to keep my boat at. My current place has installed the battery incorrectly before dropping it into the water, which caused it to run out in 2 days, leaving the boat under the rain with no working bilge pump. Loss so far: 3yr old color ff, vhf radio, 4 penn reels (the rods are ok), all cushins in the cabin, shorted wiring and a missing captains seat.
After denying the wrongdoing, and releaving themselves off all responsibility, the asked me to leave. In so many words they feel that I am not spending enough money with them. New engine purchase apparently does not count because it was two years ago.
So, can someone recommend a place around the Bay Bridge, on the west side, which will at least pretend to care about their customers?
The boat is 21' with an outboard. I'd rather have a slip then have it in a dry stack.

·
Registered
223 Posts
First off, may I ask where you came from as it doesn't sound like a place I ever want to frequent? I have docked in the past at Fairwinds Marina which is just inside the Magothy River. These guys were always top notch in my book. Family run and very competitve price wise although Paris may not stick around as it's not all that prima donna friendly. I did notice also that on Mill Creek (the one with Cantlers' Riverside Inn) there is a very small "marina" that is advertising slips for rent--don't know the name or number, but if you have time travel to Orchard Beach Road near Cantlers and you will see the signs. It is perhaps the best creek I have ever visited around here--quiet and beautiful and the slips weren't price gouged like a lot I've seen...good luck with your hunt.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Although it's on the east side of the bridge, I have had great success with North Atlantic Marine Group / Chesapeake Bay Bridge Marina. It's right over the bridge in Stevensville. Their team is fantastic and service is top notch.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
I'll agree with Hookin-up. Podickory Pt. :yes: Call Charlie at 410-757-8000. Real nice folks here that give a damn! I'm pretty sure he has a few slips left. Tell him Dennis in B4 sent you.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
834 Posts
I second the Fairwinds Marina just inside the Magothy. I kept my boat there for 3 years! It is easy and quick to get out of the creek and on the Bay from there.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have been at Fairwinds for 7 years now. No real complaints. I will comment that the service is always at or below the estimate. They treat me well! I have learned to navigate around the idiosyncracies of the Marina so to speak and you can't beat it for the price. That being said, the guy with the freshest bait this side of the Bay is Leo James and he has a small Marina. You can reach him @ 410.757.4166. Called him today to check on the LY situation. Nicest guy in the world. Good luck, David.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts