Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy that is considering a Maritime Skiff in the 20-23 ft range. Does anyone on this board have any experience or comments in regards to this brand? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
I have the 1994 2090 powered by 1994 90m johnson. I use it mainly for crabbing (trotlining) but also occasionaly venture out to the middle grounds etc. for fishing.

Fairly easy on gas and very roomy and wide. Haven't had any problems. Several outfitters up north use them extensively (New England).

For my purposes, its perfect. Not the deepest of "V''s so it can pound a little, but will get you back in safely. Good for me because of my ability to go shallow (1' water).

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I support TidalFish.com
693 Posts
Gentlemen--
Maritime Skiffs are excellent boats. Paul Hureau, their creator, ran Whaler's commercial division for 14 years before leaving to start Maritime. I have tested three 20' models (20D, 20C, & 20P) and four 23's (23D, 23P, 23PA, & 23C) for BOATING and Chesapeake Bay Magazines over the past eight years. They're tough, well-designed, and efficient, esp. w/ four-stroke engines. Good luck.
Best, regards, John Page Williams

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
HI:
I went and looked at one in the 23 foot range. Great seakeeper for the bays and tidal inlets. No draft to speakof but, for what they built them for, there great.
Reason, I din't put my money down on one, was I need one to get my 20 miles offshore and back without pounding. 2 Bad disks is my problem.
If they had more draft, I'd buy one in a minute.
I've had downeasters 30+ footers, Canadian built boats for the maratimes and I know how great they can be.
WACKM N STACKM
Joseph B...aka...Ancient Mariner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts