Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you guys mark your trolling weights after the stamp can no longer be read? I tried to find # stamps to no avail. I've been using a sharpie but that don't last long. Nothing worse than a deck full of sinkers rolling around while ya try and figure out they're weight:eek: --------------------------------

·
Registered
12,808 Posts
Leon this isn`t very scientific but I just separate em to how they look and feel.When using them for bottom fishin my mission is gettin to the bottom of things.For trolling I guess you could paint em different colors,but in my case I would probably forget the code.;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Marking weights

Catman, I ordered a set of number stamps from a tool dealer .
I mark them when I pour , The stamps do a better job than
the mold does. If you are close by i can loan them to you.
Just let me know. By the way I live in the Darlington Md. area.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
David- thats exactly what I need.thanks.:)

·
Registered
477 Posts
Leon what if ya paint them differant colors then maybe use white out by the eye of the weight
or get a soldering iron and engrave the numbers into it

Just an idea LOL
Benny

·
Registered
227 Posts
Number Stamps

Catman, Just checked Harbor Freight 8.99 to 12.99 for stamps.
Thats numbers & letters together.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool
5,686 Posts
Eminent Brothers,
maybre I'm missing out on something here with the chance to buy some new tools, but; I use a black magic marker

·
Registered
190 Posts
Use telephone wire. It is red, yellow, green, and black ( like a traffic light ). Cut lond enough to wrap around the eye of the weight 1" to 2". Again thinking of the light use red for 10 oz. yellow for 12 oz.,green on 16 oz., and black on 20 oz. On other increments as 24 oz. and 28 oz. go back to red and yellow as you certainly can tell the difference from 10 to 24 oz. and never worry about stamps again.

Bob

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I bought a small postal scale from Wal-Mart (I think) to weigh the weights before
I mark them with a black Sharpie.
This is the method I've been using the past couple years. After see'n how cheap the stamps are and now knowing where to get them, thats the route i need to go. thanks for all the insight:) ---------------

·
Premium Member
12,554 Posts
Leon - I'm pretty sure I have a set of stamps in my garage, you can use them any time, shoot me a b-mail if you need them and I'll dig them out.

·
Registered
6,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
JP- thanks but I ordered a 1/4" set of stamps this morning. Postage and all, total cost $15. May take up to 2 wks. Anyway, now I'll have them.;)

·
Registered
158 Posts
I guess I'm just cheap. I weighed mine on a food scale. Then I used a small straight slot screwdriver and a tap hammer to mark the weights. I just tap a number on to the weight. You don't have to worry about it wearing off.

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
Nothing is too good for my weights.
I have them all precision weighed then "Laser Engraved" with the exact weight :rolleyes: :p :rolleyes: :D .

·
1,295 Posts
The colored wire trick is the best yet. Stamps are great but once a sinkker hit's bottom a time or 2 those stamped numbers get hard to read putting you right back to step one-not knowing what sinker is what weight.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts