Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just pick up 1995 Marlin/dougherty Marine 150... tring to find out some info on it, I believe they are now Edge Water boats. The hull is in great shape. and the Johnson 75HP runs good. It needs a little clean up and repairs. Does anyone no much about these ? are they a good boat? Any web sites for info? Also the gas in the tanks is stale got to replace filter and clean bowls any one know the Oil gas ratio on a 75 Johnson? Most motors are 50:1 or 40:1 Any info would help

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bob Dougherty left Boston Whaler after many, many years to start Marlin around '95 (+/-). I don't know how long the Marlin name stuck around but soon there after the name was changed to Edgewater. If I'm not mistaken the Marlin's were foam filled similar to a Whaler -- though obviously manufactured slightly differently. Dougherty has subsequently left Edgewater to start Everglades Boats.

You might want to search some of the Boston Whaler sites to learn more.
Cheers. CC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 18ft 1995 Marlin/Edgewater. Bought it in 2004. Runs like a top, 50:1 on my Johnson Oceanrunner 150. It is still a foam filled hull like whaler, but in 1995 they used balsa wood under the deck instead of plywood... jury is still out on that move.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
I would say from what I have learned in these posts that you got yourself a nice ride! Enjoy and good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts