Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought i'd give a thumbs up:thumbup: to DNR for these cool certificates of catch for checking in large rock.:yes: I just recieved one from a trip with Captain Kyle about a month ago. I never knew I could check in fish before that day with Kyle so if anyone else doesn't know you can get these cool certificates now you do. I believe a rock has to be over 40'' to be a citation so don't forget you have 22days left!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,571 Posts
They used to issue a nice shoulder patch as well but discontinued that practice a few years ago. I used to check one over 40" a year just for the patch.

·
Registered
3,283 Posts
I am not sure with the citations after Sept but it is also your entry into the Diamond Jim Drawing for the truck and boat

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am not sure with the citations after Sept but it is also your entry into the Diamond Jim Drawing for the truck and boat
I thought there was something else to the citaion check in but I wasn't sure. I could sure use another truck and a boat:yes:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Where did you check-in the fish and receive the Citation?

·
Banned
859 Posts
I just thought i'd give a thumbs up:thumbup: to DNR for these cool certificates of catch for checking in large rock.:yes: I just recieved one from a trip with Captain Kyle about a month ago. I never knew I could check in fish before that day with Kyle so if anyone else doesn't know you can get these cool certificates now you do. I believe a rock has to be over 40'' to be a citation so don't forget you have 22days left!
I believe technically it doesnt count if'n you were ona charter boat.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
Clay all who get an over 40 are elegible. I thought it used to be one per species per year, but I have heard there is no limit per year.

Jeff
Ps no word on ur lure! There was a VA tournament this weekend

Jeff

·
Banned
859 Posts
Clay all who get an over 40 are elegible. I thought it used to be one per species per year, but I have heard there is no limit per year.

Jeff
Ps no word on ur lure! There was a VA tournament this weekend

Jeff
thanks jeff for trying!

Reel Screamer- you have my lucky lure. may i have it back?

PS-troll east to west please, not N-S through the melee in the future

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
In any event...Congrats Dave!:thumbup:

·
Registered
13,945 Posts
if you catch a citation fish after the Diamond Jim contest in September it is not eligible. The 2009 event will take place next September and all citation fish caught between Jan 1 and the September drawing are eligible. No matter how many citation fish you catch, you are allowed only one entry for the drawing. It is a nice event at Sandy Point State Park attended by the Governor. Many prizes are given away with a truck, bass boat and a $2500.00 gift certificate being the grand prizes. You can check the fish in at most local tackle shops and fill out the citation form which will be mailed to you in a few weeks. Check the DNR web site for the citation sizes for different fish. Good luck to all.......Gary

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I checked in my 49 in 45 lb 9 oz. rockfish I caught @ CBBT last December on my 40th B-DAY. I checked it in @ Chris-Bait and Tackle:thumbup:

In March I received an awesome plaque with my certificate embossed on a nice dark cherry wooden plaque and it was "FREE":thumbup:

Maryland should do the same:eek:

Phil(lily):bigfish:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts