Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left SPSP this morning and ran over to Mattapeake area and saw some breaking birds and Fishboy. Worked this area with a couple of keepers and then the birds left town. Ran down to Eastern Bay. The birds would flock to an area but not really work the surface. We would run over and find fish but they would not bite. The finder showed large fish stacked up tight. We threw bass assasins of 5 or 6 colors, gold hopkins, stingsilvers, bucktails and trout bombs. Seems they had lockjaw but we did pick up 2 nice ones, one was 28" and was 10 lbs. Kept chasing the birds with no real success.. Flat water and no wind was a plus after other recent trips where the wind was an issue.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Art Reynolds and I caught a limit of rock plus a few throw backs, today, trolling at the Hill. The fish were there, but catching was slow. Everything we caught came right off of the bottom.

About 2 PM, we headed up E Bay looking for breakers. We found a few school under birds, but they scattered quickly.

I did not mark any perch in the deep holes of Ebay.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Eastern Bay

We headed out of crab alley at 1 pm. My buddy landed a 27" near Bodkin Is (on the SW side just after drop off) while working a small pack of birds. Threw fish back due to lesion near tail. Birds were inconsistent early in afternoon....didn't stay in spots for long and rarely saw breaking fish near them.

Spent the next couple of hours working spots on N and S side of EB, but no keepers. Marked many stacked fish in the 28'-35' depths but there wasn't much of a bite. Was jigging grey/chart. BA's and StSilvers.

Headed to mouth of bay around 3:00 to no avail. Saw a lot of boats trolling E. channel and some working the mound...not sure if they were having luck.

Decided to head back to crab alley and work a couple of spots on the way in. Got back just SW of Bodkin and noticed something strange on horizon. Pulled the binoculars and saw a huge group of birds diving just SW of our position. Quickly headed that way and glad we did....!!

Birds were on top of a monster school of rock. Different than some of the other schools, these were all nice-sized quality fish. Each cast landed a keeper fish, so we limited in our first 4 hookups. Then it was C&R until the birds, bite and sun started to die (which seemed way to early). Fish were from 20"-27" in size and all hit on the grey/chart BA with 1/2oz white jig heads.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Hey Matt, first post:clapping2::clap:

Welcome to TF

Some nice feesch you have there, keep the reports coming and keep me posted when you head out, sooner or later we'll hook up.

TIGHT LINES!!

·
Registered
394 Posts
Glad you got some pullage further south. We had done quite well before you got there, but it was tough staying on the better fish. Good talking with you today. It's great when everyone working the fish knows what they are doing.
fishboy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts