Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,
I predicted here on this board that Max would win the ROckfish shootout again this year.
Today is only the first day of the three day event.
BUUUUTT--
I did just get the phone call from Max

"Hey Jim, you want to videotape me weighing in my 54 pounder? Also got a big 30 and a 20 pounder"

I was trying to buy eels for todays eastern shore shoot, so I could not make it in time, but Max was on his way to weigh in some mighty big fish, again.

So we will see, but so far, his catch for today will be mighty hard to beat.

If he does winn again this year, I will personally through him a dinner party and serve for the main dish
Smoked eels!!

Way to go dude

Jim Baugh

·
Registered
131 Posts
Max King is the man when it comes to large stripers. He put my two boys on some large fish in December. They still talk about it daily!

Barracuda48

·
Registered
8,065 Posts
nothing on the chesapeake angler magazine site yet of course tho - still very early but he set the bar pretty high ! last year he won with a 50 pounder and got $23,000 - first days fish is bigger than the one that WON last year !! max max max !!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Today was the day for big Rocks.
Just got back to the dock, floated live eels at kiptopeak for only a few hours, did nota.
Got back to the dock tonight, my buddy Mike (not in tourney) Slammed them, lost something in the 40 pound class, bunch a fish 40 + Pounds.

It just was the day, totally awesome. These reports i keep hearing today just blow me away, fantastic stuff!!

Jim B

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Oops

Sorry there Joe, but when they flew by us this morning passing up a number of pretty large flocks of diving Gannets, they looked a lot like a "Go-Fast":D They obviously knew the fish we were heading into were not the class fish they had in mind.

Congrats to them, hell of a catch! We thought we were doing well with 96.5lbs.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts