Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering the May Craft 18 ft. skiff but dont know much about the boats and there reputation. Because the factory has not answered my question about the type of fuel tank embedded in the hull I am becoming skeptical Any if please I posted this in the boating threads but have had no repliies.
18'8" V hull 1400lbs w/ 90hp 4 stroke zuzki all 2007 :confused:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
For Info

check out www.thehulltruth.com, post this over there and you will definitely get an opinion or three. Good luck

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
Hey Sam, I guess your getting excited about this Saturday. Have a great time and tell me your fish stories when you get back. A well deserved vacation thats for sure.

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
nice boat the word skiff really under shadows the true boat,as it's not a skiff like a carolina or a sundance which are more true skiffs flat bottom low gunnells and a wet ride in the chop,the 18 ft maycraft will run in rougher water and has a little deeper draft,great boats doubt you will find many with anything bad to say about them,very well made,strong,no frills boats,tough to beat them for the money or not..just good boats..the dealer you speak of wouldn't be ED's would it...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Gootees Marine in Golden Hill, MD sold Maycraft. Believe they still do but they have a www so check them out. Good group of people to work with and they will answer your questions. I looked at their 25 cabin a few years ago. Lot of boat for the $$ but didn't have the extras I was looking for. As someone mentioned, it's more of a no frills boat but solid construction. Good luck.
John

1 - 6 of 6 Posts