Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a maycraft and was wondering what your guys thoughts were on these boats? If anyone can share any info. that would be great. I looked at one at Rudy Marine and they look like a nice boat. The price they want was $10,900 is that a fair price? It had a 2 stroke 50 yamaha,trailer, depthfinder, compass. I called eds marine and there selling these boats for $8700 with a yamaha 50 2 stroke and trailer. Sounds good but I've heard somethings about eds before. Thanks for any input.

John

·
Banned
859 Posts
I am looking at getting a maycraft and was wondering what your guys thoughts were on these boats? If anyone can share any info. that would be great. I looked at one at Rudy Marine and they look like a nice boat. The price they want was $10,900 is that a fair price? It had a 2 stroke 50 yamaha,trailer, depthfinder, compass. I called eds marine and there selling these boats for $8700 with a yamaha 50 2 stroke and trailer. Sounds good but I've heard somethings about eds before. Thanks for any input.

John
got one from ed's w/ 50 4 stroke. runs 21kts easy, 29 punched. great little boat. nice if you're into shallow water stuff. if you live in SoMD, you can come by an i'll take you for a ride.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got one from ed's w/ 50 4 stroke. runs 21kts easy, 29 punched. great little boat. nice if you're into shallow water stuff. if you live in SoMD, you can come by an i'll take you for a ride.
Thanks for the info and offer. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for that boat with the 50 4 stroke. Thanks

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
I think much of what you hear about Ed's is after the sale,service related concerns ect..
there prices seem to be the best but one way they do it is by selling a new model year hull with a older engine it will be brand new though,I looked at a sea chaser 06 boat but had a 04 engine on it all brand new and they were giving an extra 3yr yamaha extened warranty with the eng. and the factory warranty didn't start untill the boat was sold,so you lose no warranty time with the older engine..
PS. what happened to the carolina skiff ? the maycraft is alot more boat around you safety reason's for your daughter?

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
I think much of what you hear about Ed's is after the sale,service related concerns ect..
there prices seem to be the best but one way they do it is by selling a new model year hull with a older engine it will be brand new though,I looked at a sea chaser 06 boat but had a 04 engine on it all brand new and they were giving an extra 3yr yamaha extened warranty with the eng. and the factory warranty didn't start untill the boat was sold,so you lose no warranty time with the older engine..
PS. what happened to the carolina skiff ? the maycraft is alot more boat around you safety reason's for your daughter?
Thanks for the info. I like the lay out of the maycraft better, and I beleive it will be nicer ride for my daughter. I had a 16' carolina and I know they beat ya up pretty good. Need to get something soon so I can get out on the flats this year.

·
Banned
859 Posts
Thanks for the info and offer. If you don't mind me asking what did you pay for that boat with the 50 4 stroke. Thanks
$10,600 I believe. they come with a variety of rigging. I had to add my own bilge pump and depth and rod holders, some have a 13 gal tank inside the console, was gonna get that but am happy with the extra room in the console for umbrella rigs, jackets, etc. 6 gallon tank will run a long ways. my 4 stroke gets 7-8 miles a gallon depending on conditions. I can run from PLO to several miles south of smith point, troll and come back on 4-5 gallons. no problem on hole shots, acts just like a 2 stroke. 2 people are fine on the boat, 3 gets crowded. its a nice ride even in chop. doesnt go through the chop, rather skips across the top with an occasional thud. only part of the boat in the water is the bottom behind the cooler seat. I have a carolina skiff and the ride is not even comparable. fairly stable too. im 230 and can stand in the back corner and it will list some but not unnervingly so.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Maycraft boats are great! I have a 1800 right now with a 90 yamaha. It is a 2003 and I can not say enough about it. I have decided to try and sell it, but I have never found as much boat for the money!

·
Registered
355 Posts
John,

Also check with Gootees south of Cambridge. The are a Maycraft dealer and are good folks to deal with. Good luck.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I've bought two boats from Ed's Marine and have several friends who have been there. You simply can not beat the price. The rule is simple: Buy your boat, motor and trailer and schedule delivery. On delivery day don't buy anything else. Check the lug nuts on your trailer before pulling off the lot. DON'T EVER GO BACK (except to buy another boat).

·
Registered
858 Posts
I've bought two boats from Ed's Marine and have several friends who have been there. You simply can not beat the price. The rule is simple: Buy your boat, motor and trailer and schedule delivery. On delivery day don't buy anything else. Check the lug nuts on your trailer before pulling off the lot. DON'T EVER GO BACK (except to buy another boat).
I agree 100%. I have bought fro Ed's....great prices...buy the boat, motor, trailer there...and find a dealer close to home for everything else. I will ALWAYS buy from Ed's...but that is the only time they will see me.

Don

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Thanks for the help guys. I ended up buying from Rudys Marine, great people to deal with. They ended up coming right inbetween so for 1K it wasn't worth the drive and hasle for me. And peace of mind that the dealer is close to me if something does happend to the boat or motor.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts