Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, looking for anyone with first hand experience with Maycraft boats. thinking about purchasing the 2550 pilot house in the not to distant future. any thoughts, experiences, opinions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Have a 19ft CC has been a good boat but it is a wet and rough ride
.A 25 ft with a cabin probably wouldn't be wet or rough though. Would be best if you could ride one in some rough choppy wters. Good luck.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I also have the 19CC. I am in my fourth season with this boat and have not had any problems. The 25 pilot house is sure a nice boat. Maycraft boats dont have all the bells and whistles that some boats have, the finish is kinda plain jane, but I think Maycraft is the best boat going for the money.

·
Registered
7 Posts
We have a 2550 and love it, does what we want it to do. Ken May builds a good solid boat and if you shop them around are a good value. b-mail or e-mail if you have any questions.
Coley

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
[Q]model37 originally wrote:
We have a 2550 and love it, does what we want it to do. Ken May builds a good solid boat and if you shop them around are a good value. b-mail or e-mail if you have any questions.
Coley
[/Q]

Ditto. I dont think I could have purchased a better boat for what I do and the money.....

Also see here:
http://www.tidalfish.com/boards2/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP332285722&id=349511&sr1=maycraft&sr2=may%2Dcraft&ExMth=no#post349705

Here are photos of mine:
http://www.thehulltruth.com/photos/photo-thumbnails.asp?albumid=132

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the feedback, any and all information appreciated.
I would be using it on the west coast, and we get some fairly large swells, wondering how it does in those conditions??

·
Registered
26 Posts
I need to throw in another thumbs up for the 2550 ph. Bought mine new in 02 w/ a 250 Evinrude on a Gil bracket and I could not be happier with the boat. No frills, solid, dry ride, easy to maintain and tons of room. I fish it all over the bay and ocean. I purchased mine from Gootees, they have been great to work with and know the boats they sell. : ) Good Luck and feel free to bmail me with any questions!

·
Registered
8,588 Posts
[Q]H20Chris originally wrote:
dry ride[/Q]

The 2550 is one of the wettest boats I have been on. I have opening front windows and have to thank God that they close and have a wiper on rougher days! I bet it rivels an Albie 24 in wetness. It is dry in the sense that you can get out of the spray due to the pilothouse.

As far as running in swells, the boat does well. If anything you do get pushed around a bit more than a deeper v hull in a following sea. It is not that noticeable though when running though. The boat is very stable and great for slow trolling or drift fishing.

Just my opinion..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts