Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay whose ready?? Just got my buck bomb, the temperature is going to drop, so hopefuly they will be rutting.

I am staying in all day on Saturday. Last year I stayed in all day and saw deer all day long. All does and buttons, I counted 22-23 deer. This year I will do the same and wait and see if the pimp comes walking through. I plan on shooting the does with my camera, untill the end of the day. That's when I will take a nice doe if I didn't see a shooter buck.

Good luck to all.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I look am looking forward to Sat., I am off for the first week so I will wait to shoot my does later in the week unless big boy shows on Sat. During the youth day the bucks were crazy, all three of the boys hunting on the farm were successful with nice bucks. The largest will score about 130", not that he was being selective, he shot the first buck he saw. Good luck to all that go and be safe.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
stumpknocker dont put all of your faith in the buck bomb I let a doe in estrous off last week for the junior hunt had a small 8 pt. on all 4 sides of it within 10 yards for 20 minutes feeding and it didnt faze him my son decided to pass on the buck got down put out trusty old james valley full rut and 45 minutes later a nice 20 inch 130 10 pt comes in and buck fever sets in and he misses hopefully he can redeem himself this weekend GOOD LUCK

·
Banned
883 Posts
......I'm no expert on deer hunting, but I only used the "Buck Bomb" twice last year, and both times I had a buck walk in on my shortly after setting it off, shot them both. They came in casually, so I'm not really sure if it were coincidence or the product, but I'll be using it this year for sure!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I hunt over corn but only put out a 50 lb bag and sometimes just split it in two piles. I have had better luck hunting a stand 60-100 yds and out of site of the corn pile. The does will always come in, but I have found the bucks willl scent check the does at the corn pile a distance away.

·
Registered
261 Posts
[Q]ketch69 originally wrote:
Corn.......I take it you are hunting over bait. Don't that kinda take the hunting out of the hunt?

DEAN
[/Q] You gotta figure unless your stalking or driving deer.... your going to set up near some sort of food source. Whether it be a crop field, acorn tree or corn pile? Personally I love hunting over corn piles.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
The property I'm hunting is only about 80acres and the area around me is heavily hunted by a hunting club. I've got to keep the deer baited up good to compete with all the corn they put out. If I don't the only shots going off will be the one's all around me. Easy food source for the does means more action for the bucks.

·
Banned
883 Posts
.....I just put out another 300lbs yesterday. Most of the feeding on these piles are done at night.....but on ocassion, they will visit it during the daytime.......and many times they drag a buck along with it. Whether it be sporting or not, it's better than sitting in a stand hoping a deer will walk by. It gives you more of a chance to see deer, perhaps mentally (knowing the corn is there). I just love to watch the abundance of game that feed on the corn, not just deer.

·
Registered
383 Posts
The rut is still going so if you can attract does by baiting you have a good chance of attracting bucks. Just remember that the bucks don't travel with the herd (does and yearlings). If you want a nice buck, don't get out of the stand at 10am. Bucks do a lot of traveling from 10-2 but meat is meat and a doe will almost always eat better than a buck.
Good Luck.

·
Registered
693 Posts
It is just corn anyway.....no magic stuff unless maybe you are in a very barren area. I bet 75 percent of our corn goes to other species, two different species of squirrels, flocks of turkeys that can scratch through a 30 yard area, numerous species of critters including families of racoons that probably feed all night.
These things hopefully let you see more deer.....it is still your decison to pass or shoot.

Mark

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.