Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really got a kick out of hunting wild bobwhites on MD's eastern shore last year..but my spot has grown up a bit since then and hunting has become much tougher this year (haven't flushed even 1 covey!).

Please drop me a line if you know of any private land opportunities. I'd be willing to work something out for some good opportunities. I do a lot of watercolor & acrylic painting and would be happy to trade some artwork for access, etc..

I hunt with my 3 year old flushing lab, and am training my 14 week old pointing lab. Need to get my girls on some birds..!

Thanks,
Trevor

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Believe me, I'd love to do all kinds of work to this place...problem is that it is a WMA!

Even so..there are some really thick pine cutover areas that may get hit with the saw...I can't stand to think how many birds I could be getting if those areas were setup better.

There are birds there now...supposedly more than last year...but I think that with all the cover they are either holding in different areas or are simply outrunning me & my lab. I'm thinking of hunting more inside the woods, instead of inside the fields...most of the fields are about chest high with grass & weeds.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts