Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im headin to bel-air/elkton area for some meeting. any advice for yellow perch, maybe search for some early shad?

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Most likelly the upper gun powder for trout or the lower gunpowder for perch or the deer creek in the park for trout will be your best bet. You should check the stocking list for their though.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, the pre season has started, but the regular list is not out yet. due to the hatchery issues. thats why i thought about perch/shad

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
Their have been times when you will find shad in the rivers this early. but I doult you will find any their yet. Just been to cold. Also up north its been cold. Sence thats where most of the head waters for rivers up that way start from. cold water will be coming down for a while. The deer creek does have some hold over trout in the park. If they haven't stocked yet. I didn't know they had problems at the hatcherys. When they do. they will get them from the fed's to meet their stocking needs. You can check the DNR web site just to see if they have stocked. howard posted somthing to that effect the other day. Can't remember which thread though.

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
All yea now i remember some one on here did post that. That stuff is bad new. You don't want it getting into a established populations. It can wipe out a stream. Then will destory them and most likelly buy trout from the fed's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts