Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got an opportunity to go on a sea bass/tile trip yesterday so I took advantage. Thanks to Paul and Blake for the trip. We left Rudee at 5 and headed out to some way offshore wrecks. We were the first boat and had it to ourselves for about 10 minutes. Us and the other boat played nice and we put some really nice BSB in the box. My 2nd drop produced a BSB Citation at 5.5 lbs. That Sea bass was number 25 for my Master angler award. Having caught the citation I "decided" to just drive the boat and let the other guys fish. We had another 2 5.5lbs and Dean had the biggest bass of the day at 6pounds on the button. Congrats guys! We fished until another 4 boats showed and left the nice class of 3-6 pounders biting.

We left but weren't done. It was around 10am so we headed east to the canyon and did some tile fishing. Pulled the sticks back and started "looking" 6-7 minutes later we marked some fish and dropped down. My first drop produced an 18lb 12 oz BLT. THe other guys hooked up as well. I again drove the boat and let the rest of the crew try for there citations. We ended up with a 13.3, a 12.8, and a 11.3 pounder as well. We where well on our way to a limit of tiles when we had a shark tangle all but 2 rods. And I mean tangle. It a hard and tough decision to cut close to 300 feet of braid off a reel because it's so tangle you just give up, but that's what we did. That marked the end of the trip and we had a great run back to rudee.

Fog got tight the closer we got to the inlet and at the entrance to rudee I bet visibility was less than a 1/4 mile. Thank goodness for radar! So we had a heck of a trip. 5 of us fishing and ended up with 68 sea bass and 21 tiles. Not quite the limits we were hoping for but awesome fishing none the less!!

Once again thanks to Paul, Blake, Dean, and Bryan. We all had a citation and some of us had both a tile and a sea bass citation. Great trip and looking forward to fishing with ya'll again sometime.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Nice report Craig. Glad you made it out in the fog and put the hurting on em. Congrats on Master Status as well.

I mated for Tony that day on a deep drop trip. We went straight to the canyon and filled the box with an 8 man limit of BLT's and a few sea bass. I only need 5 more for my master and it was tough boating several citation size fish for the charter. Hope to get out there and do some cranking myself before I head back south.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts