Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
“Memorable Tuna Trip”

Have not posted on a fishing trip in awhile – why? Because I have not been fishing – so here is a post from my November Tuna adventure –

On Friday November 3rd, I departed for Ocean City from Reston – The weather was beginning to turn cold – and we had a plan to get in one last Offshore trip. I met up with Captain Greg Ignash that evening for some Adult beverages, and review of the game plan. He assured me that there were still fish around, but we may need to travel a bit.

The next morning at about 5:00 am we were greeted with an icy deck and a nice breeze from the North/Northwest. We were joined by three other guys from the Ocean City area – and soon we headed out toward the inlet. The breeze was at our backs as we headed south, and we enjoyed a strong following sea as we steamed south to find the breaks in the ocean temps. The seas were averaging 7-8 feet, and the wind chill was definitely below 30 degrees. I have been offshore before - but I cannot remember conditions as cold and rough. Captain Greg’s 35 foot Carolina Classic – Reel Addiction was handling the weather like a champ. The fishing was tough at first but the Captain and crew persisted – and we were rewarded with two nice Yellow fin Tuna, and a very good size Mahi Mahi.
Catching the fish took some of the chill off and the adrenaline rush of hearing the snap off the outrigger clip certainly helped warm us up. Made for great grilling at the Redskins tailgate the next day - and the Skins beat Dallas in a miracle finish!

Captain Greg runs a great charter – and keeps his boat in top notch shape – and keeps a full arsenal of gear. I highly recommend him for any offshore fishing – I plan to book a trip with him this summer - should be a bit warmer....

Rob Allen

·
Registered
206 Posts
Capt Greg and Mate Burnnie are a great Charter. They will work hard and put you on fish.

Glad you had a good experience. And yes, I may be a bit bias, but his CC 35 will handle the seas..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts