Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished in the bay off a pier all weekend, fishing is still pretty slow in reedville . Caught some croakers ,1 puppy drum ,and a 18inch striper that got off at the dock rest were skates. Only one keeper crab off a dock trap.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Fished the Middlesex side at the Rt3 Bridge with peeler crab and chunk menhaden to no avail... Then drifted over during slack tide and jigged the bridge with three different types of jigs, nada... Then set out a set of tandems on the planner and one small swim shad and nothing till we got over onto the edge of the drop off on the NN side and had a 25-30 pound CN ray hit one of the tandems. Heck of a fight, made a mess of the other lines and eventually, when it saw the gaff in my hand as I grabbed the 80lb mono leader to pull the b_tch up close enough to stick him and get my lure back, it shot up under the boat and broke off the tandem. If I hadn't have read the post earlier about one grabbing a hold of the 9" trailer shad on someone else's umbrella rig, we too would have thought we had the largest rockfish ever caught on hook and line as the damn thing did test the trevala jigging stick, charter special, and 30lb mono out for several minutes. It was all my buddy could do to just hold on to the dang animal! IS ANYONE CATCHING ANY ROCK OTHER THAN CASTING GULPS ON THE SKINNY WATER OR "STRUCTURE?"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nope!! They seem to be holding VERY TIGHT to structure. We got soaked and a little (lot) wet on Thursday but did manage 4 keeper strippers off bridge and docks but fishing seemed to get progressively worse as the weekend went on. Still managed a few keepers but all in skinny water.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts