Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m looking for a good reliable mc machanic on ES of MD, one that won`t let boat set around for weeks before getting to it and knows his stuff.

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Mechanic

Whatever you do, I highly receommend that you do not go to Marine Mart on Rt. #50 near Easton. I took a boat there once and every time I called him, he was going to get to it the next week. This went on forever and ever.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Skipjack Landing Marine Center on Kent Island
418-643-2694

Granted now, this time of year is the "rush" everybody want s to get their motor done for spring but Skipjack has been able to give me VERY good forcast of their schedule for my motor. If its gonna be a while (or not!), they tell you upfront and I trust these guys totally.

·
Registered
861 Posts
I've heard that Marine Mart has improved drastically. The owner was rather eccentric and hard headed. He died a couple of years ago, and his son is now running the place like a business instead of a hobby. He is supposed to be a pretty good mechanic. Not an endorsement, since I've never used him personally - but he might be worth trying if it's convenient.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you are talking about the shop near the airport well I`ve been there before and I will NOT go back:nono:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Marine Mart sits right next to Rte.50 on Skipton Creek. It's about 1 mile south of Wye Tree Experts, Rathell's Tractors (the blue New Hollands lined up on the east side of 50), etc. I believe the place you're referring to is Quimby's.

·
Registered
505 Posts
You can not go wrong with Greg Ford at GT Marine is Princess Anne. His number is 410-651-5530. Honest, knows his Mercury's and just a great guy. Good luck with whatever you decide.

·
Registered
970 Posts
South of Salisbury by 10 miles. There is another Great merc guy down here, but Thornes is even further. Sounds like your in the Easton area?

Lance

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
boat kept on Taylors Island and live in Pa, it takes 4hrs to tow it home I rather have it serviced on the ES all responses will be considered thanks

·
Registered
970 Posts
I have had great experience with Thornes Marine in Stockton, MD 410-957-4481

I have also had good experiences w/ GT Marine in Princess Anne. They have bailed my Dad out a few times now.

Lance

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I Support TidalFish.com!
7,173 Posts
Marine Mart

I'm pretty sure it's Marine Mart. Sits by itself on #50, right side going towards Easton about 4 miles from the light where you turn for Easton or St. Michaels. Lots of older boats always lined up outside. Guy is a real con-artist.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts