Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a couple of issues with an older Mercury outboard that I would like to have looked at over the winter. Can anyone recommend a good Mercury mechanic/shop that they have had good service from. I am on the peninsula and would prefer this side of the water, however I will tow for good service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Mercury mechanic

You can't go wrong with the guys at Nansemond Marine. They have worked on my '97 225 carbed engine and I have been very satisfied every time. They are also certified and trained by Mercury.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Pop's Marine

You didn't say where you are, so don't know how close you are to Williamsburg, but I have had nothing but wonderful service from Pop's Marine. They are a Mercury dealer and even though I didn't buy my motor from them, they had treated me well. I drop mine off and they have it back on or before the promised date. I have to pass by other places to get there, but feel it's well worth the drive. I give them two thumbs up.:)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Pop,s Marine in Toano.

I've got a couple of issues with an older Mercury outboard that I would like to have looked at over the winter. Can anyone recommend a good Mercury mechanic/shop that they have had good service from. I am on the peninsula and would prefer this side of the water, however I will tow for good service.
Try Pop,s Marine on route 60 in Toan, just the NW of Williamsburg. There phone number is 757 566-8939.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Don will take good care of you. He can bve fast about it if you need it, just let him know the time period you need it in. Of course mine is always "I need it done yesterday".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is running, but not like it should and it has an over oiling issue. I'm not going to take it in until I'm sure I am through fishing for the season. It is on the back of the Robalo you saw @ Messick when you were working on your trailer.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
If you work Mon-Fri and can't fish those days he might be able to get you in and out without loosing any fishing days. Just depends on how much work he has going and what you need to get fixed up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey Bruce I will deal with no one other than Dandy Haven Marine in hampton. It may be a ways to go but absolutlly worth it. Andy is very honest and very reasonable on his prices. Good folks and great work he will get you done and on the water fast!!!

Dave

1 - 15 of 15 Posts