Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just purchased a 2004.. brand new.. never used mercury saltwater series motor.. 200hp and fuel injected.. i have it on a 22ft Parker SE.. was wondering if anyone could tell me more about the motor.. maybe fuel milage? problems
?

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I can't tell you about fuel mileage since I'm not 100% sure, but I will tell you that the motor is Black. :D

- Dae

·
Registered
241 Posts
Don't know about the 200HP but my 125HP merc salty burned an average 2.2 GPH in its first 25 hrs this past season pushing an 18' WA.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Merc 200

I have said engine on my 24' wellcraft. I get 2.5 miles per gallon at cruise, which is about 28 miles an hour, loaded with 3/4 tank of fuel (75 gal) & 700lbs of people on board. Fires right up & idles all day at 800 rpm.

Change the impeller every season if you lay up in the winter, every other season if you run all the time. Oh, & don't forget to fill the oil tank :rolleyes: That alarm will scare the 6ell outta ya when you are 30 miles off shore!

·
Registered
271 Posts
2.2 to 2.5 is about right Mercs love to run wide open...after the break in period of course. I get a little bit less because I let her eat every chance I get. mainiac

1 - 6 of 6 Posts