Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Boz sent me a link to the rivers and the warnings. The Matta and Pumunkey now have Mercury warnings also. The croaker and spot are contaminated there too. Where does this junk come from on those rivers. No big industry there is it?

http://www.vdh.state.va.us/HHControl/fishingadvisories.asp

Click on your favorite river.

Dayton

·
Tidal Fish Subscriber - I'm cool!
1,292 Posts
Seriously, where the **** does it come from? State officials always say they can't track it. I bet you can track the special use permits (and the self regulation and self reporting) right to politician's bank accounts.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Coal fired power plants. Methyl-mercury, which is a water soluble form, accumulates in the lakes over time through rain. Methyl-mercury is a contaminant that is ampliyied up the food chain as well as being injested via respiration. While breathing and eating the toxicity level of the fish increases as long as the contaminant levels remain the same, or even increase.

·
Registered
96 Posts
After reading that post I realize that Katnip is not your average catfishing *******. I have always been curious about where the heck the mercury is coming from. Thanks for the info good post!!

·
Registered
766 Posts
youareright....nothing average about KATNIP.........kind of a "you know" guy.........you'll see and meet him if he EVER fishes our JRCC tourney's ....he's got more excuses than Ranger690.......![wink]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts