Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting at the office, looking out the window at the Willoughby lauch ramp flag pole, the flag is hanging like a wet dishrag. The sun is out. Air temp is 47 deg. Who knows what the water temp is at Cape Henry, but I'm going to find out.
:yes:

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
Bay is covered with fog thick as pea soup...be careful.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Yep this sucks I am stuck to :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :52: :52: :52: :52: :52: :52: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :2guns: :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea, looking out the other way I can see it, maybe it will burn off by the time I get down to the boat.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I feel your pain. I spent the morning working on some antennas on the USS Gunston Hall at Little Creek, and after the fog lifted, it was beautiful.

I envy the guys on the boats I saw going out today.

·
Registered
750 Posts
should be some reports this evening- i passed several boats going the other way on the interstate when i was coming home from work down 44 this afternoon

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Wind might of looked ok- but you would have to run 38+ miles to find them and about 4.7 miles offshore- be glad you stayed at work:nono:

·
Registered
180 Posts
We left Lynnhaven at 0915, ran to NC line...had no problem with visibility.

BTW, all that ways to catch one fat 36 incher and have 2 get off..........all three just slightly out of bounds.

From what I heard we a GOOD day!

Weather was beautiful.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Weellllll, the water was 42 degrees.

And it was a BEE-YOU-TEE-FUL day!!
Arrived at the can to reports of "Been here all day without a bite".
Trolled around awhile, anyway, a few marks, no bites reported north or south.
After about an hour the Coasties showed up, had a captive audience, and started boarding for inspections.
Decided that was one hassle that I didn't want to deal with and figured I could do a little C/R back at the CBBT where I saw a beehive of Gannets working on the way out, but they had lock jaw there, too. The Gannets were having a ball, though.
So, it turns out that I got to take a great boat ride on a crisp clear winter day without being boarded!!!:thumbup:
Sure beats sitting at the desk looking out and wishing I was there!!:clap:

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Fish from Nc/Va line to Cape Henry without a bite. It was very nice out on the water yesterday but we should have brought some taug bait becasue the stripers were no where to be found.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
fished 20 miles south of rudee tuesday, one fish 31" with a 4 hour truck ride home pulling a 26' boat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts