1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.
I have some reports up with pics, just click the link below, our JBO blog
http://jimbaughoutdoors.blogspot.com/

Today was an unreal day ruinning quads and trips, the Tein Vee with four Suzuki 240 HP was just something that you have got to see, the boat handled fantastic in the ocean as well. We had some nice seas in the inlet, that boat just cut it like butter, very impressive.
I shot off of a 36 Yellowfin with tripp, 300 Suzuki HP, awesome ride.

I had some folks want me to check out some boats for them while I was here, I posted info on the blog as well.

Also, the new 350 Yamahan four stroke was there, but prototype, they said the engine will be ready later this year, big darn engine, over 800 pounds. New boats fine, but re power may be a stretch with old transoms.

Will be headin to Marathon and Key West tomorow and will post some fishing reports. Will be shooting some Suzuki fishing guides in both places.

Yall be sure to hit this show sometime in the future, best boat show in the world, and everybody is here.

Hey, Happy Birthday Doug!!!!! I will see you next Friday at the Hampton Show! Tell Jimmie the Yellowfin was a sweet ride, but I would opt for the twin vee, no question, you would not believe how well that boat did in the water, just unreal!! Also-1000 HP Suzuki four stroke power.

Tight Lines

Jim Baugh

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Jim I was in South Beach last week, the Boat Show loading area was ridiculous. Nice rides. Did you happen to see the Yacht Show ?? Oh my damn.. Billions and Billions of $$$ of fiberglass. Unreal

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We drove past the brokerage show every day, and wanted to shoot some of it. But, just did not have the chance, I shot the show for one day, then we did the on water shooting today, then headed for the keys, just no time.

Hell I know I am poor, I dont have to get depressed walking on 180 foot yachts!!!!
Realy, it is unreal the boats that are down here. Four days is not enough time to see everything.

BTW, Miami is awesome, very clean city, big, and everyone we ran into was extremely pleasant, even the ones that did not speak english! LOL Realy a nice trip and an awesome show. Will be back next year.
Jim B

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Andros

Jim,

Thanks for looking at the Andros Tarpon for me. I'll be interested to hear what you think of the boat's layout and fit & finish. Did that boat have the transom trolling motors on it?

The Cuda 23 should be done soon and would look nice with a 175 Suzuki FS on the bracket.

Thanks,

Bob

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Bob!,
I have a video slide show up on our site and on the Blog now. I was going to edit some video and post it but my firewire cable busted, Radio Shack in Key Largo aint got it, so I just cut together something from our stills, looks cool.

I thought the Tarpon 26 was a great Bay boat, the freeboard was high enough and this one was rigged with a Jack Plate that I think he said would run in 8 inches of water. Nice bow, and the boat seem to be solid.

The one I saw is not how it would be rigged for the Chesapeake, put a differant hard top and some nice curtains and you would have a heck of a boat.

There was a trolling motor bracket on the boat, but only had the one Suzuki engine. The folks were very informative and helpfull. You should consider that boat. He seemed pretty stuck on Suzuki power for several reasons.

There are pics up on our site of the boat, I may have one other I can send you later.

Headin to Marathon in the AM, windy as hell right now, but we will fish Tuesday, and report back as long as I can get on line. We are at a a great place in Key Largo with excellent internet wi fi, geting a lot of work done today on the editor, bout done, looking for some fresh OJ to mix with!

Tight Lines
JB

·
Registered
816 Posts
Hi Jim,

I'm envious!!!!!!!!...Wish I was there..

Thanks for the birthday congrats

Up here in sunny Va. fighting the Noro virus..whole family has it.

See you in Hampton!!!!!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Doug,
Sorry you have the flu, hope yall get better soon. I will see you at the Hampton show on the 2d at the Conferance Center. There is a new Japanese Steak house around the corner that we may have to try Friday night! Be sure Jimmy sees the quads on the twin vee, unreal stuff!! he will luv it

Be Well,
Jim B

·
Premium Member
1,295 Posts
where ya gonna be in Marathon

Thats where I now call home...

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hookin up with Barry B tomorrow in Marathon.
Will report on the fishing, but I think we will be going on Tuesday.
Been windy today, blowin like heck!!!
JB

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey folks.
Did the Yellow tail trip today, lots of fun with Barry B from Hampton. FIshed out of Marathon Key, some pics at our JBO Blog
http://jimbaughoutdoors.blogspot.com/

We used bait balls that were realy cool and worked great. Might try them our in the Bay or around the wrecks, neat.

Also the boat landed three nice kings, released.

Got to run, cookin for the crew tonight!
Jim B

1 - 10 of 10 Posts