Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was out this past sunday trolled from south river (#1) over to BP and mouth of EB, then south to #83 saw a lot of birds working and some marks on the finder, couldnt pick one up trolling so tried some LTJ, nothing... motored back to the west side and trolled up to thomas point...nothing. Heard a llittle chatter on the radio but nothing substantial.

So, my question is are they still in the mid bay or are they moving back down south. Hoping to get out this weekend and trying to get an idea of where best to be productive.

Hope everyone has a great Turkey Day....and to those heading out this week, im jealous...

·
Registered
693 Posts
I was wondering the same thing...we trolled the same areas on Sunday and put 2 in the boat by noon, but then nothing the rest of the day.

·
Registered
368 Posts
From what I have been reading........It appears that the fish are still around but are becoming harder to find. Mr. Kimbro had been jigging up some nice fish for the past few weeks on the Eastern shore (north of Kent Island I believe). But his report after fishing Sunday stated that the nice grade of fish had moved on. That same day Reel Excuse found a great pod of fish (lots of birds) directly across the bay (near the Baltimore light). Look for birds. In my opinion they are key. If it was a large pod of birds, even after they dissipate there will still be fish to catch in the area they were working. I was out in some of the same areas as you on Sunday (on the ltj), and got skunked (no birds). Good luck.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Last year this time was great, we were rockin em near Poplar trolling the usual spread, i think our last trip was december 12th and still a good grade of fish. Im thinking that they arrived early this year since the weather turned quicker than last year...i dont remember it being this cold this early, and with that im assuming they are heading back south earlier than last year.

Swartj: Read your report sunday after getting back and was screaming...i was in that area on the west side as well, heard you on 68 (i thought) talking about the gold artificials but couldnt make it happen. (i think we met a few weeks ago putting out at Holiday marina in the rain that sunday, how did you do? we ended up at thomas point in a thick pod of birds got our limit in 15 min at 3:30pm after an entire day of trolling and getting soaked in the am.) Way to go sunday, ill keep at it and maybe ill see you out there on saturday if i can get away from the family. I'll be on a parker 21cc...

·
Tidal Fish Super Subscriber - I support TidalFish.
2,946 Posts
Patton I will be fishing on Friday and Sunday this week. That day I think was the one where we worked hard for a few bites until about 3:00 and then they lit up off Poplar. We limited out trolling and then jigged fish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts