Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm debating a shake down/scouting trip tomorrow midafternoon when the weather clears. Would be trolling in front of the Severn. Has anyone been out yet?

Any success?

·
Premium Member
26,151 Posts
I'd almost bet there are fish out there. I'd give the area near # 86 a good look - going up onto eastern edge as shallow as 30 feet - then west across to about 40 feet.

You can do that now - no pots out yet.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - I'm guessing the same. One of my best trips ever was on St. Patty's day 3-4 years ago after we had a very mild winter.

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
I'm thinking these things are in or near the rivers. Someone here posted a FF screen shot of what looked like males daisy chaining mid water column recently. Water is going to be mid 50s in a couple of days in the bay.

·
Registered
636 Posts
ALOT of people I talked to today, charter and recs, caught fish today from 86 up to LP buoy. Granted a lot of water to cover but I did get picture of a 46" from above the bridge today. Unfourtunatly most people on here are worried about "spot burning" and the picture defenatly does that! So in this case "spot burning" can bite you in the ass!
He and I would love to share, but don't want anyone to get upset on here!

·
Registered
114 Posts
I will be out for an AM C&R troll tomorrow. Then plan to chase some perch for a little while. Good luck to all who venture out on Sat, the weather looks like it will be calming down for easter sunday. I will be on 68 between 83 and 85 hit me up if your out there.

Mike
Carmita's Dream
2200WA Hydra sports

·
Registered
424 Posts
I can't speak much for deeper water, but the resident fish are very active in the shallows now. I landed 18 fish in under 2 hours from shore on lures. These fish are not big (13-22 inches); however, not bad for the sake of pullage. Furthermore, there are bigger bay resident fish out there that should be active as well.

Traditionally, I will either catch or get reports of river fish up in the upper 20's to low 30's before opening day. Therefore, I do think you should get something trolling around the mouth of the Severn.

·
Premium Member
571 Posts
I only fished for 2 hours yesterday but water clarity on the Eastern Shore was unreal. I could see shells in 10' of water on the bottom. I wish I didn't fish at all and just drove around and looked at all the structure that is making me poor and Anglers rich.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was out yesterday for about 3 hours in the afternoon. I don't troll, because it sucks, but we did catch fish jigging north of the bridge. There are a lot of fish around and very little competition out there at the moment. Go find them, it isn't very challenging.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts