Tidal Fish Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a vacation for 10 days of shallow topwater action. Shallow meaning 1-6ft of water that had lots of wood and rock piles. My routine wood be to leave the dock at 6 am. After a 5 minute boat ride I would start plugging a rock pile, this location produced rock and blues every day. I caught very few throwbacks, most rock ranged 19-22". Blues 10-20". My next stops would be a section of shoreline that has lots of wood in the water. This is my fav topwater area this time of year. In the 10 days of fishing the spot produced 4 rock over 30", a 31, 31.25, 33 and a whopping 36"er plus numerous rock 18- 26". Water temps ranged 65-67, biggest fish caught was when the winds were SW. On a side note my Ho went to the emergency room twice in less then 24 hrs. He has issues with treble hooks. :bigfish: Lure of choice was a Chugbug.

·
Registered
12,450 Posts
Hey Chug....give me a call when you get a chance
Tried to send you a bmail but it says you don't want to recieve any.......
work number is 410-822-7073 X2 I will be there until 1:30......
My cell number is 443-786-5266...Jamie

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Did you notice that more recently the topwater bite was cooling off. Near Solomons, and across the bay, I had a pretty good topwater bite last week and weekend, but this weekend it slacked up a bit for me.

What general area were you fishing? Just so I can get an idea for comparison. I am NOT looking for specific spots.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Low tides Francis same here but this week it will be better.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Fishing the lower end of the Little Choptank. Seems like they got a little picky towards the weekend. There was a few days mid week when the currents were not as heavy as sunday thru tuesday. Some days the wind caused cloudy water conditions in some prime locations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts