Tidal Fish Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Left the house with my buddy at 3:45 am Sun, boat in tow. Got to see PLENTY of nice deer on the way down - most with were still intact, others not so fortunate :eek:.

Launched at Tilman and on the water by 7:15 am. Motored over the the spot where the action was super hot last weekend. Trolled - jigged - casted to 'em but no takers. Noticed lots of nice marks on the FF, almost all right on the bottom.

It was such a nice day we figured we'd take a ride to CCNP and check out the rips for the first time. Got there and found a few others casting and drifting but didn't see anything caught. We gave it a shot for a while but NADA.

Headed back east and trolled across the mouth of the Little Choptank. Again - lots of nice marks in 15' wather but no takers.

We were looking for birds all day but didn't see any numbers until we approached the CR buoy at about 2:30 pm. About an 1/8th mile before the birds we dropped some tandem Storms and got immediate hook-ups. Stayed there 'til about 5:00 or so and then headed back in. Pretty much had a couple hours of action.

A couple things I noticed. Didn't find much in the way of bait fish around. Fish didn't seem as plump as last week (maybe due to reduced bait in the area). Seems like the salinity is lower this weekend than last.

Off the water at 5:30 pm - cleaned fish and headed home. Slow day fishing but a great day on calm waters of the bay. Did manage (5) keepers all day - biggest about 28". Kept (2) between the two of us for Monday night dinner.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Nice report Chip,We got out around noon 11/8 and only got 2.But 1 of which was a pig at 36"!

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Tim -

Glad you had some good luck - congrats on the :bigfish:.

Where were you fishing?

You ever want to go fishing let me know. I usually head out solo with the pooch. Going this Friday if weather makes it do-able.

ps - are you trolling the porcupine way (16+ rods and planers) that Skip schooled us on?? lol

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Long day Chip, but atleast you managed a few. Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris - A day on the water is a good day - fish or no fish!

It's the challenge to "figure it out" that keeps me going.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts